Sunday 1 March 2015

119: A strange dream

Last night I had the strangest dream ... or perhaps it was memories from a long-ago ancestor, Rusticus Lacertosus. I found myself in ancient Romanum. I think I was a slave, or perhaps the ghost of a slave -- no one seemed to populate the empty streets and I wandered alone, trying to recall my memories and my identity. Praying to Jupiter didn't help, drinking in an empty tavern
or exercising didn't help, I couldn't manage to make the triremes work to help me escape, and I was afraid to go to the Coliseum for fear I would remember my death. Finally I felt sleepy and found a couch and drifted off. Thank goodness Alex came home and woke me from my sleep, but just for a moment the memories persisted to the present day ...








No comments:

Post a Comment